Effective date: May 2018
The Gallo Family Vineyards brand is owned by E. & J. Gallo, Inc. ("Gallo Family Vineyards", "we", "our" or "us").
YOU MUST BE OVER 18 TO USE OUR WEBSITE
Given the nature of our business, our website is intended only for individuals who are of legal drinking age. As a result, our website does not request or knowingly collect personal data from individuals under the age of 18. If you are not of legal drinking age, you should not visit or use our website.
WHO IS THE DATA CONTROLLER AND HOW TO CONTACT US
E. & J. Gallo Winery, Inc. located at 600 Yosemite Boulevard, Modesto, CA 95354, United States, operates this site and is the controller of any personal data collected or otherwise processed on or through the site. Our authorized representative in the EU is E. & J. Gallo Winery Europe Ltd., 4th Floor, Harman House, 1 George Street, Uxbridge, Middlesex UB8 1QQ.
WHAT ARE THE PURPOSES AND LEGAL BASES FOR PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE?
We process your personal data in the following ways:
• to handle and respond to queries, questions, comments, or complaints you submit via the website;
• to contact you about other products, services which we think you may be interested in, including those relating to other members
of the Gallo group;
• to let you know about offers, discounts, coupons, promotions, competitions, prize draws, activities, events, or clubs we think you
may be interested in;
• to send you newsletters or other communications you have expressed interest in receiving;
• for business purposes. For example, carrying out market research and analyzing how our customers use our websites
in order to improve our websites, products and services;
• we may combine your personal data with other data we hold about you, or with other data we obtain from third parties;
• we may use your personal data if we need to comply with the law, protect our legal rights (or the legal rights
of the members of the Gallo group), or to comply with any regulatory authorities;
• to keep track of your interactions with our websites and provide you with a more customized experience.
We rely on several different legal bases for processing your personal data:
• Necessity to enter into or perform a contract with you: where we need to process your personal data to enter into an agreement
with you or a legal entity you represent, to perform contractual obligations, to respond to related questions and requests from you,
or to provide customer support.
• Legitimate interests: where we process personal data from you:
• for the security and safety of the website, our IT connected to the website and the users of the website;
• to detect and prevent fraud;
• to protect and defend the rights or property of others, or our own rights and interests;
• to keep track your activities on the website, including the information you provide to us through any contact forms and to present you with
advertising based on your browsing activities and interests, provided you have not opted out of such data processing. As explained fully in
• Compliance with legal obligations: we may need to process your personal data to comply with relevant laws, regulatory requirements and
to respond to lawful requests, court orders, and legal process.
• Your prior consent: when we send marketing communications to you (as described below) or place cookies on your device, subject to certain
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
1. Personal data you submit to us via Contact Us or other forms on our website
On our website, you can register to receive newsletters or similar information on our products or services, or enter into certain competitions, prize draws or other promotions. As part of an online fill-in form or registration process, we ask you to provide us with certain information (usually name, contact email address and phone number if you elect to be contacted by phone/text, address or postcode).
At the time of collection of such information, we indicate what is mandatory (usually at least your name and email address) and what is optional. Where required by law to confirm your eligibility to participate, interact with us, or purchase or use our alcoholic products, we will ask you to confirm your age. Such data collection happens in the following circumstances:
• when you access our website, if we are required by law to confirm your age before granting such access;
• when you enter your location when using our "where to buy" search function;
• when you register to receive our newsletter or other communications from us;
• when you register to attend one of our events;
• if you indicate that you would like us to send you information about products you may be interested in;
• when you enter competitions, prize draws or other promotions;
• information you provide to us when you participate in surveys or market research;
• when you contact us with a query or complaint.
We will log and store the date/time of your submission.
2. Personal data we collect automatically
When you use our website, we automatically receive and record certain technical information:
• we collect information from you relating to your browser, the computer or mobile device you are using, and your IP address;
• we collect information about how you use the internet, such as the website you just visited, and the date and time you use our websites.
We use third party cookies such as Google Analytics to help us do this.
3. Personal data which we collect from third parties
We may collect personal data about you from third parties, including websites operated by third parties which are affiliated with us (for example, microsites which promote our products or promotions and are linked to our website).
WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We may share your personal data as follows:
• with third parties we or other members of the Gallo group have engaged to carry out certain activities on our behalf.
This includes companies we have engaged to help us with advertising and marketing services, or subcontractors who help us process
customer complaints or queries; and
• with government authorities, courts and others if the law requires us to, or if we think it is necessary to comply with the law
or in order to protect or defend our legal rights, or those of others.
We may also anonymise your personal data, so that is no longer possible to identify you from it. If we do this, we may share it with third parties in anonymised form.
TRANSFERS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE THE EU/EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA ("EEA")
When you use our site, you are transferring personal data to us in the United States, which is subject to a limited adequacy decision by the EU Commission. According to the Commission, companies that voluntarily self certify under the EU-US Privacy Shield Program are subject to an adequate level of data protection. We do not currently self certify to the EU-US Privacy Shield Program.
Where required, we enter into data processing and data transfer agreements that incorporate the Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the EU Commission with the recipient to ensure an adequate level of protection of your personal data. These Standard Contractual Clauses include certain provisions which protect your personal information.
You may contact us using the contact details set out above, or by emailing us at DataPrivacy@gallofamily.com if you wish to find out more about how we protect your personal information using Standard Contractual Clauses or to receive a copy.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We retain your personal data for as long as we need to address your query, provide the services requested by you or otherwise facilitate your use of our website, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements, and for a period of 6 years thereafter for archival, audit and legal purposes, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We take appropriate steps to protect personal data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction, whether in transmission or storage. Please keep in mind, however, that there is no such thing as perfect security, and no Internet transmission is ever completely secure or error-free.
IT’S YOUR CHOICE: CONTACT PREFERENCES
When submitting data on our website, you need to explicitly declare your consent to our processing of your personal data for the stated purposes (e.g., receipt of newsletters, entry into contests, etc. as the case may be). You are under no obligation to provide such consent and, if you choose to give your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time with future effect. We want to keep in touch with you in ways that you find to be beneficial. If you don’t want us to send you promotional communications (for example, information about other products and services that might be of interest), you can let us know by following the instructions we provide to you at the time we send you the relevant communication or by sending us an email at DataPrivacy@gallofamily.com.
Keep in mind that these preferences regarding promotional contacts do not mean that we might not contact you for other reasons, such as those related to an inquiry you made, a newsletter to which you may have subscribed, an event for which you registered, a legally required notice and so on.
WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE IN RELATION TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
You have the right to request that we:
• confirm whether or not personal data about you is being processed;
• provide you with further details about how we process your personal data;
• provide you with a copy of any data which we hold about you;
• treat your consent as withdrawn (where we rely on your consent as a legal basis for processing your personal information);
• consider any valid objection to the processing of your personal information (including the right to object to processing on grounds related
to your particular situation where we are relying on our legitimate interests as a legal basis for processing);
• update or delete inaccurate, incomplete or out of date personal data which we hold about you;
• restrict the way that we process your personal data; and
• consider any valid request to transfer your personal data to a third party provider of services (data portability).
If you wish to exercise any of these rights or have questions about them, please get in touch with us by emailing us at DataPrivacy@gallofamily.com, or by contacting us using the details set out above.
Please note, however, that we may be unable to comply with requests to exercise the above rights if certain exemptions apply. For example, if we need to keep processing your personal information for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation. We may also ask to you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity.
COMPLAINTS OR QUERIES
If you have any complaints, queries or questions about how we use your personal data, you may contact us using the contact details set out above. We will then get in touch with you to see how we can help.
If you have a complaint about how we use your personal data, we would always prefer you to contact us first. However, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent local data protection authority.
Time for wine? Say Hello to Gallo!
By entering you affirm that you are of legal drinking age in the country where this site is being accessed.
Please enter your date of birth